This job is currently Archived,
Legal Manager - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- Our company is a Swiss drug discovery and development company, focused on the creation of antibody-based drugs for the targeted treatment of inflammatory diseases, immune-related disorders, and cancer.
- The pipeline is a balance of preclinical and clinical compounds, specific for clinically validated and novel targets.
- Four of these compounds are currently in early clinical development with the anti-IFNg monoclonal antibody program, most advanced, at Phase 2/3, for the orphan drug indication Hemaphagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH).
- Reporting to the Corporate Secretary, Director, Administration & Legal Affairs, the successful candidate will help manage legal matters related to the Company’s business, providing legal advice and support in numerous and varied activities.
- Negotiate, draft & review all agreements signed by the company, including: Confidential Disclosure Agreements/Consulting agreements/Material Transfer Agreements / Clinical Trial Agreements/QA Agreements/supplier agreements, etc.
- Assist the Legal Director in negotiations re. corporate agreements, product license agreements, etc. and liaise with external lawyers.
- Provide support in contract review activities
- Participate in the management of the Company’s patent portfolio and liaise with the Company’s external IP lawyer
- Handle any other legal or administration matter as requested by the Legal Director
- Assist in preparing relevant documentation and liaise with lawyers and notary to organize capital increases either in a Board meeting or a Shareholders’ meetings – Coordinate content to be delivered to the Board and to the shareholders
- Participate in maintaining the share registers and monitor changes
- Maintain stock option agreements and process exercise of stock options
Skills and Competencies:
- A law degree from a European or US university
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the legal department of an international corporation, ideally within a pharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of contracts management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required, with multiple languages preferred, including French
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and at ease in a complex and challenging environment
- Demonstrate proficiency at working alone and within a team
- Swiss resident or EU national