Legal Director Medical Device Group Benelux and BW EMEA - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- We are looking for a new Legal Director Medical Device Group Benelux and BW EMEA.
- Key Accountabilities of the Legal Director Medical Device Group Benelux and BW EMEA include:
- Provide strategic and operational day to day legal support for our company’s Hospital Medical Device businesses (Ethicon, Depuy/Synthes, Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions Group)
- Provide strategic and operational day to day legal support for our company’s Consumer Medical Device Businesses (Diabetes Care and Vision Care) in the Benelux
- Align with Key Stakeholders on legal priorities, training and education needs and consistent compliance efforts
- Review, discuss and negotiate commercial bids and tenders (price/ discounts/rebates)
- Help develop tender expertise in Belgium
- Engage in relevant trade associations where appropriate
- Coordinate with Health Authorities
- Active Member of the relevant Management Board(s)
- Active involvement in co-creation of customized value solutions
Lead EMEA lawyer for Biosense-Webster
- Provide strategic and day-to-day legal support to the EMEA leadership teams (ELTs) of Biosense Webster
- Support new product launches, review key marketing initiatives and related documents
- Review and validate commercial strategies from a compliance and antitrust standpoint
- Review, discuss and negotiate commercial contracts and other agreements related to clinical studies
- Active Member of the Biosense Webster ELTs
- Law degree, LLM from US or UK university considered a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Dutch and French
- At least 6-8 years of relevant legal experience preferably as an Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) lawyer in an international law firm
- In-house experience considered to be a plus
- Experience or strong interest in the health care sector
- Broad-based commercial and corporate experience, ideally having been exposed to senior management.
- Good understanding of Competition law and/or Public Procurement law
Skills and capabilities:
Our new Legal Director Medical Device Group Benelux and BW EMEA should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction.
- Business Oriented - ability to proactively engage with business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions and contribute to compliant growth for the business.
- Judgment capability, business consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across all levels of a matrixed organization.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
- Comfortable working as part of different teams and keen to interact with diverse group of people and different business units.
- Objective thinker who is comfortable to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to drive high ethical, legal and compliance standards
- Comfortable to engage in discussions of new business models and approaches.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and to simplify issues for clients
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to speak up, present and actively participate in business and legal discussions.
- Good self-awareness, constructive mindset, eager to seek and get feed-back.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.