Legal Department Administrative and Contracts Associate, Legal (Entry-level) - United States
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, our company’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company located in Marin County dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the lives of patients suffering from diseases that are often underserved and ignored.
- The Contracts Associate (CA) position is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic corporate legal department supporting a growing, global biopharmaceutical company. The CA works closely with in-house attorneys and other professionals in a fast-paced, high-volume corporate legal department.
- You will need to be detailed-oriented, able to multi-task, and to communicate effectively across many functional areas.
- The key role of the CA is to draft, manage, and track company contracts and to communicate with internal clients and external contracting partners.
- The CA will work closely with a wide range of our company's functional groups, including Information Technology and other General and Administrative departments, Commercial, and Development Sciences. Other project-based legal department work in other areas may also be assigned.
Research prior/existing relationship with contracting parties;
- Draft and negotiate multiple contract types, primarily from templates, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders.
- Utilize playbooks to negotiate contracts with oversight from company's in-house counsel;
- Monitor and track a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using Ariba, our company’s contract life-cycle management system;
- Maintain and update company’s contract management system for each assigned contract;
- Ensure company-wide compliance with company’s contracting policy;
- Act as liaison between business partners, in-house counsel, and third party vendors;
- Facilitate contract execution.
Build and maintain relationships with internal business clients.
- Communicate with internal business partners regarding contract needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Drive Legal Department initiatives including promotion and training of the self-authored contract program;
- Provide back-up support to other Contracts Associates in Legal.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines, prioritize tasks and assignments, and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with Legal Department colleagues, internal business clients, and third party vendors/partners.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.
- Exercise sound judgment in escalating issues to company in-house counsel.
- Experience in legal support, contracts administration, or other relevant experience is a plus.
- Experience with Ariba contract management system is a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma industry is a plus.