Legal Counsel - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- To reinforce its legal department in Belgium, our company is looking for a Legal Counsel with experience in corporate law and listed companies.
- You will become part of the legal department currently consisting of 4 in-house lawyers.
As part of the legal team, you will be responsible for:
- providing high quality legal advice to the business and managing complex legal issues;
- managing corporate affairs, such as shareholders’ meetings, warrant grants and exercises, compliance and reporting to market authorities, M&A projects;
- negotiating, drafting and reviewing all types of agreements typical for an R&D environment in life sciences;
- identifying potential legal exposures;
- providing general legal support to foreign affiliates.
- Your main focus will be on corporate law, contracts and commercial law and you will work in close collaboration with our company's in-house IP team.
- You have obtained a Belgian Master in Law. You have approximately 5 years of relevant experience in an international law firm or as in-house counsel in an international environment. You are familiar with the legal specificity of listed companies.
- You have an interest in life sciences. You are quality-driven, responsive and flexible and have the mindset of a “self-starter”.
- You have excellent drafting and communication skills.
- You are fluent and decisive in written and spoken English and Dutch. French skills are a plus.