Legal Compliance Specialist - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We have an opportunity for a Legal Specialist to support our in house EMEA Legal Team in managing our contracts process for the EMEA HQ function.
- The contracts will be in support of our engagement with healthcare professionals (HCPS) and patients and the role will provide advice for all company operations interacting with European HCPs.
- The role will ensure the legal and compliance risks are addressed and will provide both legal and compliance advice to support this.
- Manage HCP contracts process and process changes (including optimization) for EMEA HQ and independently review and draft related legal contracts, providing advice on any legal and compliance issues to minimize risk to business
- Partner with European Medical Affairs, Marketing, Corporate Comms, Business Development and worldwide affiliates to provide advice and support on relevant issues
- Implement Affiliate /cross boarder standardization of contracts and reporting where possible for interactions with HCPs. Participate/ provide regional input on global initiatives to policies and processes affecting contracts with HCPs (Publications, Codes of Conduct etc.)
- Maintain up to date EMEA HQ template agreements reflecting the latest regulatory requirements and business/value added clauses.
- Provide compliance training to EMEA HQ and Affiliates in Europe interacting with HCPs (including cross regional and Global functions)
- Partner with Ethics and Compliance on HCP process from Contracts through to reporting
- Provide legal and compliance advice for HCP contracts, reporting and payments for the to mitigate risk and ensure company adheres to applicable reporting and transparency requirements (legal and regulatory disclosure of payments to HCPs) – both in and outside region
- Provide legal and compliance advice to 3rd parties operating in Europe (licence business partners and service providers)
- In addition provide HCP contracts and legal and compliance support to Legal counsel and EHQ functions for HCP agreements, Charitable activities and Donations/Grants, internal audit activities
- Qualified through life sciences and/or legal degree (formal Paralegal qualification or Paralegal Practicing Certificate preferred)
- Good understanding of UK and European Codes of Practice/ Regulatory Requirements for pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in handling regulatory and legal compliance issues for interactions with HCPs
- Commercially orientated with good business acumen able to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Well organised and able to manage competing priorities with strong attention to detail, able to manage high work volumes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fully fluent in verbal and written English
- Ability to take ownership for process and advise /influence cultural changes for compliance
- Innovative approach to improving processes and efficiency
- High level of integrity with a culturally sensitive work ethic, able to adapt to cultural differences.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating legal agreements