Legal Administrative Assistant - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Administrative Assistant provides daily office support to attorneys and staff in a fast-paced, high volume legal department, and is frequently called on to assist employees across all business groups with contract-related matters. Job duties include evaluating company-wide purchase order requests to determine compliance with the company’s contract policy; analyzing consultant access requests and inputting information quickly and accurately into a computer database; making travel and meeting arrangements; managing calendars; preparing reports; maintaining appropriate filing systems; and obtaining signatures on contracts. The Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the Manager of Legal Systems, overseeing corporate content and ensuring compliance with the Company’s records management policy. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and professional, and have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Analyze requests from business for consultant access, exercising judgment and collaborating with corporate counsel as necessary.
- Input information quickly and accurately into legal system databases.
- Timely complete final stage of contract process, including obtaining internal and external signatures and closing out workspaces in the Legal contract management system.
- Organize and maintain Legal Department files (both electronic and paper), including Company contracts, SEC filings, litigation matters and corporate records.
- Serve as Legal Department Knowledge Manager, assisting attorneys and staff with the organization of Cloud-based and other systems’ content in compliance with the Company Records Management Policy.
- Organize and schedule department meetings and events, sending out invitations, ordering meals and making other arrangements as necessary.
- Draft and distribute correspondence using email, fax, and FedEx.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Book travel arrangements for Legal department attorneys.
- Manage calendars, scheduling conference rooms and meetings for Legal department staff.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Handle internal and external requests and queries in a professional manner.
- Notarize documents as needed by business.
- Provide support for Legal Systems Manager on projects as needed, including the review and analysis of purchase order requests from business to determine whether and what type of contract is necessary pursuant to Company policy.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistant when s/he is on meal breaks or not working.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience providing legal clerical support, paralegal services, contracts administration or other relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and documentation preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, yet be a team player willing to volunteer for tasks when needed for the betterment of the team.
- Must be regularly available between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Experience within biotech/pharmaceutical industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Experience with Ariba, Livelink or other records management systems a plus.
Bachelor of Arts required. Notary Public Certificate required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.