Learning / Training and Development Officer - Ireland
- Liaising with Department Managers on training needs (strategic and non-strategic) and assisting with the subsequent formation of annual training budgets and plans.
- Liaising with external trainers/contractors/institutes and identifying suitable providers and/or programmes as per training needs analyses and presenting options to Management.
- Negotiating favorable training costs for HBP with vendors.
- Co-ordinating all (with a few exceptions) internal and external training programs and conducting follow up assessments on same once completed.
- Acting as a Trainer, Delivering various internal training programs to employees to include but not limited to GMP Induction (Employee & Contractor), Onboarding programme, Manual Handling and Train the Trainer.
- With respect to our established “Onboarding” programme, ensuring new employees have read and understood all relevant SOPs, introductory meetings with relevant managers/key contacts have been scheduled and all required cGMP, HR, EHS & Orientation training has been completed satisfactorily.
- Conducting Onboarding assessments to ensure all new employees have acquired the necessary knowledge to become a compliant and effective company employee.
- Securing funding from “Skillnets” where possible, to reduce the final cost of training courses to HBP.
- Evaluation of Training - creation of pre-course & post course assessments where appropriate and tabulation of data to assess learning achieved as well as ongoing suitability assessments on training providers.
- Monitoring & scheduling annual “Refresher” training as appropriate (such as First Aid & Forklift training).
- Ensuring all staff onsite receive Continuous Improvement Training (in line with OpEx initiative). Supporting Managers pre, during & post CI training and help in initiating projects within their respective groups
- Mentoring those on work placement programmes and apprenticeships at HBP.
- Participation in Regulatory Audits (e.g. HPRA, FDA etc.).
- Working closely with all departments to ensure the creation of job modules for all job roles within HBP.
- Conducting companywide job module training audits, to ensure compliance to the relevant training procedures.
- Working closely with the engineering department and Engineers Ireland to ensure HBP’s CPD accreditation status is maintained.
Financial & Administrative
- Creation and administration of training budgets in conjunction with management.
- Raising Purchase Orders for all training programmes purchased and managing expenditure.
- Ensuring that training records are complete to the satisfaction of regulatory and company requirements.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and yearly training reports
- Updating Training related SOPs and other related documents through NextDocs.
- Organizing and conducting first round interviews when required to do by Manager Specialist, HR.
- Any other training/hr related tasks that will be required from time to time
- Attend regulatory audits when required to do so from the HPRA, FDA and Customer/Partner Audits to answer auditor questions relating to Training.
Applications must possess the following knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience.
- A BA or BSc honours degree in a related discipline is a must. (It would be an advantage to hold CIPD chartered membership.)
- At least 6 years’ relevant work experience, ideally from within a highly regulated sector (PharmaBioChem, MedTech etc.)
- Ability to liaise professionally with management and to critically review learning and development needs for the site.
- Experience of working with training providers in the design of bespoke requirements in addition to “off the shelf” offerings.
- Excellent communication, presentation, budgeting and IT (LMS) skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and own time in line with site objectives.
- Ability to design and coordinate highly effective training programmes.
- Ability to critically evaluate training conducted.
- Experience of preparing and participating in regulatory audits is desirable.