Learning Consultant - Vaccines Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Learning Consultant supports and facilitates learning and development activities for a defined client base within a division or function, and supports the design and execution of the learning plan to achieve business results. The role supports Learning Directors and Learning Partners in the execution of the L&D strategy through consulting and delivery on appropriate learning solutions. S/he interacts with and influences low to mid-level managers and supervisors to understand business goals and performance needs, develops and executes learning plans aligned to the broader division, function, or line of business strategy, and routinely engages with key stakeholders to ensure learning solutions continue to support and positively drive desired outcomes. Success in this role depends on the candidate’s ability to collaborate with leaders in the business, Learning Directors, and other Learning Partners and Consultants, as well as work cross-functionally to act as a partner and point of contact for the business’ performance needs and communicate them to support design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Effectively establish, deepen and sustain key relationships with low to mid-level managers and supervisors to understand their business needs and related performance gaps, provide oversight and analysis when defining requirements, and demonstrate an understanding of processes and methodology in order to provide appropriate learning solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define desired performance outcomes; provide feedback and coaching on issues related to learning programs and policies
- Identify performance needs and gaps and facilitate delivery of learning solutions to the business, when appropriate
- Monitor, analyze, interpret, and report internal trends; make recommendations for learning solutions, as appropriate
- Remain current on learning and development related tools, techniques, strategies and practices in order to provide relevant, informed consultative advice to clients; share leading learning practices with teams and stakeholders
- Ensure successful learning outcomes by supporting the identification and translation of the client’s learning needs into a defined learning strategy and implemented solutions
- Act as a liaison between the Learning Support Services function and stakeholders to ensure alignment with learning needs; Ensure learning solutions created meet the requirements of the client; Identify alternate non-training solutions when appropriate
- Deliver training and/or support local SMEs providing training, as needed
- Understand feedback provided by Learning Support Services (LSS) on the overall success of the learning solutions; Interpret and discuss feedback with stakeholders, and monitor impact and cost-effectiveness of learning solutions; Suggest improvements to further enhance learning program effectiveness and sustainability.
- Report timely feedback on learning effectiveness to the business and communicate suggestions for improvement
- Document needs for customization or localization of learning programs
- Review interim/unplanned learning activities and requests; make appropriate recommendations
- Leadership: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of others; ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships
- Influencing: Ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions within and outside the organization
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrated skill in applying tools and techniques for grasping new concepts, acquiring new ways of seeing things, and revising ways of thinking and patterns of behavior
- Interpersonal Relationships: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner; advanced verbal, written, and presentation abilities; ability to ask thoughtful questions to gain insights, listen, and understand other perspectives
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Ability to use a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Project planning and management experience, including the ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1–2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the business plan
- L&D Policies, Standards, and Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to use industry and organization standards, procedures, and policies relevant to staff learning and development
- Adult Learning: Theory and Practice: Experience in applying concepts and practices of adult learning to meet the dynamic needs of the business
- Learning Needs Analysis: Experience in assessing competency gaps and identifying what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance
- Training Delivery: Ability to effectively deliver or facilitate training in face-to-face and virtual instructor led sessions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of
related experience to include a minimum of 3 years of sales experience, preferably within Vaccines
- Experience in
the areas of learning, Vaccine sales or marketing
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Learning Consultation
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Learning & Development
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Training, Consultant, Consulting, Outside Sales, Education, Contract, Technology, Sales