Learning & Development Sr. Specialist Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. In this way, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We currently have an exciting position as a Learning & Development Sr. Specialist at our Durham site, which is in Treyburn Corporate Park, approximately 20 minutes from Research Triangle Park, in the same area as NC State, Duke University, NC Central, and UNC-Chapel Hill. The Durham facility is a 272,000 square foot vaccine production plant on a 262-acre site and will include filling and lyophilization (freeze drying) operations for some existing products, including the measles, mumps, and rubella and chickenpox vaccines.
The Durham site Learning & Development Sr. Specialist is responsible for employee learning and development (L&D) impacting the Durham site.
- Serves as site contact, liaison, and CoP (Community of Practice) representative for the LMS and learning & development across Merck's internal & external networks.
- Engages & partners with stakeholders across site, including IPTs (integrated process teams), COEs (centers of excellence) and GSFs (global support functions); defines, builds & sustains strong partnerships and provides solutions which ensure compliance and build workforce capability to achieve site strategy.
- Works with stakeholders to monitor workflow & process changes and make the necessary revision to learning & development materials.
- Supports definition & execution of site learning & development strategy.
- Provides vision and direct coaching and development for learning & development coordinators and specialists.
- Oversees, coordinates and/or executes site-wide learning & development activities (including on boarding, training, qualification).
- Defines continuous improvement opportunities
- Supports ongoing operations as well as site initiatives such as Learning Management System (LMS), and all other learning and development initiatives.
- Knowledge of corrective action, preventative action and quality notification systems
- B.S. /B.A. Degree required, preferably in behavioral science, science, business, engineering, human resources/organizational development or industrial psychology.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience developing training programs and teaching adults
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in manufacturing operations
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a pharmaceutical / GMP environment
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office and Articulate.
Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, computer, facilitation, audio/visual)
- Collaborates to investigate and solve problems & conflict creatively and efficiently
- Goal oriented and focused on achieving results & resolving issues & risks.
- Works with minimal direction
- Influence others based on experience & expertise in interactions, learning & performance impact.
- Strong coaching, developing & motivational skills.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Detail Oriented
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, learning program design and development.
- Certification / demonstrated results applying the following tools & methodology: Lean/Six Sigma, Change Management/Execution, Coaching, Working in an Inclusive Environment where all Employees and their input is valued
- Experience in instructional design/technology, industrial training and development, performance consulting or a related field
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Employee Dev./Training Generic
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Learning & Development
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Durham
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Training, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Consulting, Lean Six Sigma, Education, Engineering, Science, Technology, Management