Learning and Development Facilitator - United States
Produce, coordinate, conduct and participate in the development of training programs. In addition, assist with the creation of training manuals as required.
- Assist in delivering a variety of learning and development support programs in a highly technical, multi-discipline contract research organization.
- Assess training needs and processes by conferring with management and trainers.
- Consult with management, HR and trainers to improve effectiveness and efficiency of learning and development programs so they transfer to workplace results.
- Provide guidance on matching teaching methods to business need, including assisting in the creation and implementation of individual learning, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, wet labs, forums, conferences, webinars and workshops.
- Participate in facilitating a variety of workplace learning events including but not limited to new employee orientation, management development training and trainer certification.
- Periodically assess how well training events achieve learning and development program goals, and provide feedback to management and trainers on areas of excellence and areas for improvement.
- Plan, maintain and coordinate the organization’s learning and development annual training schedule.
- Participate in the preparation of the training budget; schedule and track training expenditures.
- Select and/or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, internal intranet learning and development pages, and reference materials. Maintain and update library of training resources and materials.
- Support management in maintaining employee training records to meet compliance requirements.
- Work closely with client representatives and company personnel to develop course materials and obtain feedback.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: 3+ years of successful workplace learning and development experience, with at least 2 years of materials creation and presentation/facilitation experience. Experience with adult learning theories preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: PHR certification preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related discipline.
- Other:Able to work independently in a multi-task environment, and as part of a team. Outstanding written and oral communication, planning and organizational skills, service attitude and, problem solving. Proven presentation and facilitation skills. Computer proficiency using MS Office suite. Website authoring and training management system experience, or a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet