Lead Project Manager, Dispensing Implementation - United States
The BD Dispensing Implementation Department manages plans and coordinates the implementation of Pyxis Technologies products. Matrixed teams are assigned to customer projects and accounts based on project scope and regional / national organizational structures. The BD project team partners with the customer project team to deliver the goal of an on-time successful system implementation. Activities include; pre sales scope planning, implementation project management, product implementation, workflow and system design, configuration tasks, integration engineering functions, customer relationship and partnering and account management activities. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, this department is also responsible for many back end business functions including revenue forecasting and recognition, equipment logistics (including ordering, customer confirmation and return authorizations), implementation and governance methodologies, solution design best practices and quality system requirements.
Professional Services Project Management is responsible for managing all aspects of implementation and service projects for the Dispensing organization. The Project Manager collaborates with customers and leads Implementation Project Teams on planning, scheduling and execution of all deliverables within the scope of the project or program.
The overall responsibilities of the implementation Lead Project Manager include:
- Lead, facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, established processes, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
- Creation and use of project plans for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities
- Successfully manage the scope of the project, including customer priorities
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify risks to project success; develop effective action plans for resolution
- Appropriately manage / escalate project issues or risks
- Managing customer expectations of product and services
- Providing leadership and direction for customers and BD project team
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal and written, with customers, project teams and leadership
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability of leading project teams and act as an effective team leader for all matrixed staff
- Accurately forecasting current and future quarter revenue for each assigned projects
- Use of all governance tools (scope document, project status reports, risk and change logs, tollgates, etc.), for all assigned projects, to effectively manage all projects
- Provides constructive performance appraisal input through peer review process
Skills, Duties and Tasks particular to the job:
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry-recognized project management methodologies
- Possesses healthcare project management experience and demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies and relevant clinical and IT operations
- Understands customer medication management workflow
- Demonstrates an understanding of Implementation project governance expectations (scope management, tollgate, and risk & change management processes)
- Has responsibility of orders, medium or large sized projects or teams
- Project scope requires significant impact to customer workflow (multi-site)
- Manages project scope of multiple Dispensing products
- Responsible for maintaining project schedule and timeline
- Compliant with forecasting and backlog management processes
- Participates in pre-sale process for medium or large size projects
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and training for project team and peers
- Demonstrates effective communication and engagement with customer
- Able to effectively work across multiple departments (e.g. TSC, Sales, Finance)
- Ensures complete project closure including, customer acknowledgement, equipment reconciliation, and transition to TSC
- Demonstrates the professional and soft skills necessary to be an effective project manager
Required Soft Skills:
Lead Project Managers should exhibit competency in the following set of soft skills:
- Negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team leadership
- Ability to work in a matrixed environments
- Effective, professional customer communications (both verbal and written)
- Decision making skills
- Building and leading effective project teams
- Conflict resolution
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience preferred in software implementation , specifically, healthcare and the ability to asses and consult workflow and system design.
- 5 years project management or leadership experience required
- Specific knowledge off Healthcare Clinical and Business Management Systems and Solutions is highly desired.
- Prefer experience implementing and supporting healthcare IT software solutions, experience with capital equipment model is a plus.
- Prefer knowledge of hospital systems and procedures that integrate with BD products.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Home based position with travel open to candidates living in the West, Midwest or preferrably the Central region with travel and proximity close to international airport. Travel may range from 25 - 75%, primarly midwest, west and central areas overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from home office.
- Upon hire, must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
- Open to candidates living in the West, Midwest or preferrably the Central region with travel and proximity close to international airport.