Lead Production Technician Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a team of production technicians who perform basic laboratory procedures and to assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. The lead tech will work closely with the operations manager to ensure the department is able to meet production demands. Requires the ability to train and assist in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility. Maintains the production schedule and reports performance of department through tiered site structure. Assists in investigating process deviations and developing/implementing agreed upon CAPAs. Strong communication skills are required.
This position is accountable for the performance of the assigned work team and requires the ability to make independent decisions to enable the team to be successful.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Assist in the review and maintenance of departmental SOPs
- Train and mentor production team
- Ensure schedule adherence of department
- Investigate deviations and develop/implement CAPAs
- Maintain working knowledge of product outlines
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Clean glassware/Autoclave
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as required
- Associates Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related science.....or a High School diploma with 4 years relevant work experience
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must exhibit strong communication skills
- Must be an effective trainer
- Must be able to work independently, and seek direction, as needed
- Must have ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have good mathematical abilities
- Must have experience in laboratory technique
- Must have experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
Leadership experience is preferred but not required
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Lead Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-IA-Ames
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: Bleach
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines
Job Segment: Plant, Production Manager, Technician, Microbiology, Industrial, Manufacturing, Technology, Science