This job is currently Archived,
Lead, Patient Support Programs, Strategy and Operations Oakville Canada,
Posted on : 10 February 2017
- With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for a strong candidate for the position of Lead, Patient Support Program (PSP) Strategy and Operations, who will lead the strategic development and ongoing management of our patient access support services across the company specialty portfolio for current and future pipeline products.
- This position is ideal for someone who enjoys the ongoing challenge of driving an innovative PSP strategy and the resulting associated service offerings, to improve brand and company leadership perception in the mind of patients, treating physicians, and associated allied healthcare professionals; by doing so, continually improving patient access to medications, the ability of patients to adhere with supportive services, and ultimately, improving treatment and patient outcome.
- Responsible for managing continuous improvement in the strategic design and operating model of the PSP by capturing the voice of the customer, monitoring the local/regional/global environment and striving to find efficiencies of scale and scope
- Oversee the design and management of the non-traditional distribution process for demand fulfillment with commercial drug, co-lead with Medical compassionate free drug, and patient support services.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Patient Support Programs and will be looked to by the organization s integrated brand teams, regional and Global partners, vendor service providers, and customers for solutions.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Patient Adjudication/Reimbursement, Financial Support Programs, Patient Education and Adherence Services, and Case Management Support.
- This includes setting the PSP vision, design and strategy in anticipation of change while maintaining balance between opportunities, resources and investments to maximize growth.
Lead cross-function partners to:
- Develop an aligned vision and broad strategies for PSP that are symbiotic with the brand and organization vision and plans
- Develop to translate the vision and broad strategies into concrete/actionable prioritized SMART tactics/goals.
- Measure/monitor/adapt execution in an agile way in support of exceeding goals
- Develop performance dashboards and interpret data for purposes of assessing market and PSP trends locally and globally, program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs.
- Drive for results and translate strategy into flawless execution.
- Challenge the organization and status quo to go beyond conventional boundaries and bring new thinking.
- Align with and leverage patient services from the Regional PSP program and services.
- Working with medical, commercial and legal, oversees the development of all PSP related program marketing materials.
- Ensure compliance with all quality, medical information and safety measures for all mandated requirements. Ensures adherence to all privacy and provincial legislation for program operations. Oversee the adherence to quality requirements for optimal program operations (e.g., call centre activities, patient interactions, etc.).
- Develops and manages compassionate and free goods company policies that are legally and corporately compliant.
Other major tasks and accountabilities:
- The role functions as a subject matter expert on patient reimbursement support services and collaborates cross functionally within the commercial organization to design, implement, evaluate and refine programs that continually improve support the company s patient access objectives.
- Works in an integrated fashion with several cross-functional stakeholders/teams within the local organisation including: Market Access, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Medical and Market Analytics along with relevant external customers and stakeholders.
- Has significant interaction with Senior Commercial and Legal leadership to accomplish overall business objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of an executive dashboard that is used by company personnel to track, report and refine program performance.
- Oversees existing patient access programs, day to day operations with a focus on continually improving operational excellence.
- Ensures that the vendor maintains a consistent standard for quality delivery, and resourcing levels in accordance with the contractual agreement with our company.
- Is responsible/accountable for people/team leadership/oversight of the Patient Support Programs Senior Program Manager, and the 4 Regional PSP Managers.
- Together these roles oversee the quality performance delivery of services provided by the PSP vendor.
- In support of brand/company customer leadership perception: identify leading indicating KPIs, measure KPI performance relative to competitors and creates plans to measure and improve performance against agreed upon KPIs.
- Establish and manages external partner performance against KPIs, contractual arrangements, SOPs, and to budget; evolve arrangement that support continual improvement.
- Leads and maintains program SOPs, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports.
- Negotiates and executes contracts / SOWs and budgets for desired services or program / contract amendments / enhancements.
- Develops project timelines for new and enhanced services and manages through to completion.
- Gathers, in collaboration with market access, and communicates strategic insights and trends in health plan coverage, healthcare reform, patient access and provider needs.
- Supports Field teams with strong communication and timely customer service to address customer needs.
- Develops strategic recommendations and implementation plans for patient support services.
- Achieves brand specific patient access objectives and KPI s throughout the product life-cycle and ensures that operations are in place to provide optimal reimbursement support.
- Monitors and maintains a high level of field intelligence to assess, interpret and incorporate the needs and requests of various stakeholders to accommodate the changing market dynamics and reimbursement criteria on a national basis.
- Acts as a liaison between the vendor program management team and cross-functional team.
- Works to continue to evaluate the program financial sustainability and continuously seeks to find and implement program savings and efficiencies that do not affect program quality or patient / clinician experience.
- A seasoned professional with multiple years of strategic leadership experience across the Bio/Pharmaceutical industry with experience in leading the PSP function
- Several years of proven experience working with or in Patient Access operations
- Experienced with Commercial Brand Planning process, able to translate brand disease state and business drivers into patient support programs and operational requirements.
- Track record of successfully managing and leading Company relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective, and achieving results
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities, good level of persistence
- Customer First customer service orientation. Puts the customer at the center of all business activities.
- Good communicator with ability to influence others
Oakville Ontario Canada
Find a Job Find Candidates