Lead, Logistics and Distribution - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Lead, Logistics and Distribution|
|Job Description||Biogen is experiencing significant growth in the global market place across our highly complex portfolio of products. Given the demand and our pursuit of innovation, there is a need for additional Logistics expertise reporting in to the Commercial Supply Management team based in Cambridge, MA. This senior individual contributor is intended to support Biogen’s North America logistics activities including 3PL finished goods movements and diversification initiatives, development and introduction of transportation and shipping solutions, and business process improvements and standardizations across the network. |
The successful candidate will:
1. Effectively manage logistics, order-to-cash and compliance activities to ensure sustainable supply and optimize the overall logistics costs.
2. Leverage the Global Supply Chain systems/technology (e.g., ERP System, Trackwise) required to execute job functions.
3. Generate scenarios for executing non-standard and critical to customer requirements in an effective compliant and cost effective manner
4. Apply knowledge of regional and global logistics, order-to-cash, and the end-to-end value chain to support and facilitate alignment between operational functions and achieve optimal service and cost while maintaining compliance and product integrity.
5. Leverage knowledge of relevant compliance and regulatory requirements, tax considerations and network design to identify and recommends strategies to deliver on new product and network requirements.
6. Collaborate and facilitate cross-functionally to resolve logistics issues, gain alignment, and develop recommendations for maintaining compliance and customer service requirements
7. Support network assessments and cost modeling and aimed at achieving the lowest landed cost consistent with operating goals and objectives.
8. Transparently surfaces network issues, resolving network conflicts and identifying long term capabilities and strategies to optimize business value.
9. Use knowledge of industry best practices to direct the optimization of logistics and distribution and systems integration to ensure compliance, maximize service, and optimize cost.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Supply Chain, Global Operations|
|Qualifications||5-7 years of relevant industry experience, including controlled temperature (cold-chain) logistics of cGMP regulated materials.|
|Education||Bachelor degree; Master degree preferred. Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance or Supply Chain.|
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Logistics, Biotech, Distribution, Engineer, Biology, Operations, Science, Engineering