Lead Lab Technician, QC Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform advanced laboratory procedures independently for the testing of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Must be able to evaluate, trouble-shoot, and perform testing activities independently. May be involved in the training of technicians. Development and improvement activities (interdepartmental activities) are more involved and are completed independently.
- Independently plan and perform quality control procedures. Review records for compliance. This position requires a thorough understanding of the principles underlying the testing procedures used in the areas of assignment. In addition, a thorough understanding of the material being evaluated (i.e. virus, bacteria, cell line) is also required. The ability to use experience and/or education to optimize testing activities is expected.
- Troubleshooting established testing methods and evaluating new testing methods. Maintain and evaluate the sequential analysis of the testing standards used in the area of assignment. Prepare and qualify test reagents/supplies. Create and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/test methods/test worksheets for testing performed in the area(s) of assignment.
- Enter test results in the appropriate tracking system. Cross-check wet records with information in the tracking system and evaluate test dispositions (satisfactory, unsatisfactory, inconclusive, no test). Report all unusual, non-routine occurrences when performing tasks to Quality Control (QC) Manager. This includes completing the necessary documentation.
- Participate in project teams and/or complete/design special projects.
- Participate in other special projects or activities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of five years related experience including a thorough knowledge of procedures, paperwork, and specific laboratory testing experience.
- Ability to work independently and follow oral and written instructions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team with people from both inside Quality Control as well as other departments such as Research and Development and Manufacturing.
- Excellent mathematics and writing skills.
- Proficiency with advanced laboratory techniques and procedures relating to 9 CFR testing of veterinary biological.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to independently prepare written reports for submission to United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and other agencies.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title:Lead Tech, Quality Control
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Level 1 and 2 organisms and thimerosal-containing vaccines and other chemicals.
The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Medical, Technician, Laboratory, Maintenance, Veterinarian, Healthcare, Technology, Science, Manufacturing, Veterinary