This job is currently Archived,
Lead Janitor - United States
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
- The shift for this position is 2nd shift 3 PM-11:12 PM with ability to flex schedule to overlap 1st and 3rd shift for interaction with staff, and holiday work (when applicable).
- Subject matter expert in the cleaning and maintaining of the Plant's buildings and grounds in a sanitary, safe, and neat condition.
- Acts as a key liaison between staff and department supervisor. Able to prioritize cleaning, balance the workload and execute the schedule on time.
- All duties are performed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Work Instructions. Works well with team members and collaborates effectively. Participates in process improvements.
- Provides oversight to the daily organization of tasks. Coordinates coverage for PTO absences, breaks; leads daily stretches and ensures daily housekeeping and safety activity compliance.
- Performs checklist, oversees, completes and ensures accurate documentation of weekly cleaning programs.
- Responsible for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) compliance, training, and provides direction to employees to resolve production or other area problems.
- Accountable for right-the-first-time of processes and written documentation on assigned tasks, as well as on equipment checks.
- Understands and adheres to cleaning recipes and processes, all SOPs, cGMPs, WI regulations and Safety compliance. Identifies and communicates compliance, safety and/or quality issues to next level. Responsible for accurate inventory and storage of monthly orders.
- Key contact for support services (i.e., staff, janitorial, and other areas as needed) for the scheduling of cleaning, especially adjusting personnel schedule to handle critical situations.
- Supports Lean Manufacturing initiatives and continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process to improve productivity, quality and reduce costs. Supports other leaders as needed and performs other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
- Directs, trains others, in the complete cleaning process and the use of cleaning agents and sanitizers.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required. Consideration will be given to those who hold 4 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Three or more years experience in a lead custodial role or equivalency.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills and good communication skills including presentation skills necessary.
- Other skills needed include ability to multi task, use job related tools, effective record keeping skills and ability to encourage change.
- Knowledge of and experience with technology tools to support the function including computer literacy and familiarity with automated record systems, SAP and/or related systems and Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; sound decision making skills; and demonstrated ability to motivate others with minimal supervision are important.
- Good organizational skills and communication skills.
- Previous janitorial experience is preferred.