This job is currently Archived,
Lead Biomedical (Biomechanical) Engineer m/f - Germany
Posted on : 10 February 2017
- Our company is one of the global leaders in optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
- Our company develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
- To strengthen our Research & Development Team in our company, we are seeking a Lead Biomedical (Biomechanical) Engineer m/f .
- Assume technical responsibility in development projects for intraocular lenses and implantation systems
- Use your high level of creative potential to identify future-oriented innovations
- Develop mathematical/computer-assisted models to describe the biomechanics of the eye
- Analyze product requirements and compile performance specifications in consultation with Product Management
- Turn these ideas into successful products in close collaboration with the project manager and as part of an interdisciplinary team comprising Development, Product Management, Regulatory and Clinical Affairs, Engineering and Purchasing employees
- Assume responsibility for technical issues related to products over their entire life cycle
- Set up and maintain collaborations with external partners from industry and research institutes
- A very good university degree in a subject related to engineering or the natural sciences
- 3 years of professional experience and success in the development of medical devices and/or a thesis in the field of biomedical engineering/opthalmic implants
- A passion for experimenting both theoretically and practically with totally new ideas and approaches and have proven your ability to do so
- Expertise in the anatomy and biomechanics of the eye
- Knowledge of production technology for the processing of plastics (e.g. acrylates)
- Ideally a good understanding of the clinical workflow for cataract surgery
- Sharp analytical and conceptual skills, as well as a systematic and targeted approach to problem-solving
- A high level of creativity, initiative and readiness to take on responsibility
- Considerable experience in the application of CAD software (ideally with SolidWorks) and, ideally, have relevant experience in the finite element method
- Fluent written and spoken English and enjoy working in international teams