Lead Associate, Administrative Services (Indirect Procurement & Operations) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc., known as Merck in the US and Canada and MSD across the rest of the world, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
To provide administrative support to the Indirect Procurement & Operations team within the Global Supplier Management Group by handling the day-to-day administrative activities of the team including processing of purchase orders and expense reports, review and submission of invoices, planning and coordination of team meetings and other project activities.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
General administrative support
- Provide general administrative and clerical tasks in support of the Vice President, Executive Directors, and staff
- Schedule internal/external meetings, teleconferences, and video conferences, monitor calendar conflicts, ensure all relevant teleconferences and/or contact information are included in meeting invites, secure catering and logistics
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable Company policies and practices
- Apply knowledge and understanding of standard operating procedures for the organization and Division.
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives and internal/external clients.
- Supports the use of Team Sites
- Coordinate domestic/International travel arrangements as needed and secure all travel plans/itineraries prior to travel.
- Order supplies, prepare and manage POs, track budget and follow up on invoices
- Provide backup coverage for the Senior Vice President, Global Supplier Management Group / Global Workplace & Enterprise Services Executive Assistant on an as needed basis
- Coordinate other ad hoc projects as needed
Support to the Sourcing activities
- Indirect Procurement Source Recommendation Committee (IPSRC):
- Coordinate IPSRC meeting rooms on a weekly basis
- Manage weekly IPSRC schedule
- Maintain accurate IPSRC pipeline
- Compile and Distribute weekly IPSRC material
- Ensuring attendees have proper clearances and maintaining the roster
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (8) years Administrative Assistant supporting executives (Associate Director, Director and Executive Director or above)
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests and Vendor Add Forms
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Job Title:Lead Assoc, Administrative Services
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Clerical, ERP, Administrative Assistant, Operations, Administrative, Technology