Laundry Attendant - Temporary - United States
Operate laundry equipment to provide clean uniforms for animal staff in support of ensuring biosecurity of animal production facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect soiled scrubs and socks from laundry hampersSort all soiled articles and treat all stains.
- Operate commercial laundry equipment including washing machines and dryers in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Sort and fold dried articles.
- Stock locker rooms with laundered uniforms and socks daily.
- Fill clothes order list for weekly facility clothes orders.
- Perform physical environment housekeeping duties in the laundry room, including daily cleaning and sanitizing, according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Handle contaminated articles per company SOPs and OSHA standards.
- Maintain the inventory of cleaning supplies and linen; inform manager of any inventory needs.
- Maintain all laundry equipment and inform appropriate personnel of maintenance needs.
- Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Experience: Six to 12 months experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Must be able to read and follow directions for the use of laundry machines and cleaning substances.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet