Latin America Business Management Lead - Mexico
Reporting to the Executive Director, Strategic Sourcing & Enterprise Services, the Latin America (LA) Business Management Lead is accountable for the execution and delivery of Meeting and Travel services within Latin America. This person is a dynamic leader who desires to lead a team of professionals to deliver value driven solutions to internal clients. The position is responsible for leading 9 MSD FTEs located across 4 countries (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia & Mexico) and oversight of an external SMMP vendor and its performance.
The position is responsible for managing the team’s business, ensuring that the group is aligned with the company’s mission, vision and objectives and ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. The position also ensures the department’s success by providing strategic vision, stakeholder relationship management to drive change and staff development. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: travel booking processes, management of travel agencies, preferred hotel and air program compliance, travel safety programs, corporate card program, data feeds for payments and compliance monitoring. Meeting and event services include, but are not limited to: meeting management process, management of meeting planning and production agencies, preferred venue compliance, corporate meeting card program, data feeds for business analytics and compliance reporting
- Leads the overall delivery of operations, technology and spend management programs utilizing internal resources and external partnerships to meet business needs within the framework of compliance obligations, accepted service levels, and cost efficiencies.
- Works closely with Global Procurement, SSES Meetings CoE and Service Management CoE to implement Merck's Meetings and Travel policies (CP 9.2 and CP 9.3).
- Performs all required people management obligations including performance reviews, succession planning, talent assessments and workforce planning.
- Manages and monitors process performance measures and ensures best practices and operational improvement actions are implemented with consistent and continuous improvement.
- Ensures implementation and integration of key programs and program changes, including policies and sourcing methodologies.
- Leverages whenever possible internal technology resources and tools.
- Contributes to ongoing vendor management and score carding of premier suppliers.
- Acts as the point of contact for problem resolution and concerns.
- Provides feedback to SSES Leadership Team on service levels, customer experience, and input for redesigning or updating services and processes in order to increase levels of satisfaction.
- Develops and implements corrective action resulting from audit data.
- Timely, consistent and flawless delivery of meeting services for the enterprise.
- Lead the team, providing support and guidance to the direct reports to ensure customer needs are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Develop appropriate services business metrics and reports and ensure proper staffing and service to meet company business needs.
- Understand the marketplace and positioning across segments and solutions to ensure that group business goals are consistent and differentiated when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains effective reporting, billing and tracking systems for SSES management purposes.
- Collaborate with Meeting Services team and customer base to identify budgets and establish EA's for business and profit planning purposes.
- Facilitate relationships between customers and meeting planning suppliers enabling direct and efficient interaction with meeting execution.
- Recommends options based on customers' business requirements regarding logistics framework, meeting structure and production elements (if required).
- Establish and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for customers consistent with department measures and conduct quarterly review meeting with customer base.
- Review savings initiatives to assure valid savings are continually captured and reported.
- Interact with and present to high-level executives to strategically position the department and articulate the group’s value proposition.
- Embrace process-driven disciplines and facilitate the dissemination among clients and peer groups of shared services best practice.
- Client focused - understand the needs of our clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Possess a keen focus on business results
- Ability to manage a team across 4 countries, with responsibility for 9+ Latin America markets
- Lead teams to develop Account Management and Service Delivery that aligns to business objectives for Meetings and Travel
- Be a dynamic and supportive leader who sees the big picture and has a passion for the power of well-conceived shared services and an operationally best-in-class organization
Ensure the continued development of staff for their growth and their ability to deliver on their clients’ needs
Puesto: Shared Services Job Title:Dir, Shared Svcs Finance
Ubicación principal: LATAM-Mexico-Distrito Federal-Benito Juárez
: LATAM-Brazil-SP-São Paulo
Estado de empleado
Número de ofertas de trabajo
Company Trade Name:MSD