This job is currently Archived,
Laboratory Technologist - Canada
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- Our company is a diversified science company, provides a wide variety of innovative products for direct consumer applications and manufacturing, construction, agriculture and high technology markets.
- We have a long-term need for additional staff at our Research & Development Center and have a position available in the Analytical Services Group.
- Our company's Core Values of Safety & Health, Environmental Stewardship, Highest Ethical Behavior and Respect for People are integral to our work.
- Our company is committed to Employment Equity.
The successful candidate will work in the Analytical Services Group and will have the following general responsibilities:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team focused on analysis of sample streams from R&D programs
- Participate and/or lead in the development of analytical methods for the project(s) assigned to (chromatography, spectroscopic, physical, other)
- Work in a business-driven environment that is continuously improving and evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers.
- The successful candidate will have a solid educational background and experience in chemical engineering or chemistry.
- The individual will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to be an effective team member and able to provide coaching and guidance to other personnel.
- As the project work evolves, flexibility will be required in terms of willingness to take on different work and to be flexible in work schedules (eg. Some periods of shift work may be required).
- Demonstrated ability to work in alignment to our Core Values
- B.Sc. in Chemistry or Engineering Chemistry with at least 2 years of relevant industrial laboratory experience in an analytical laboratory
- Experienced and proficient in the background and use of NMR and liquid chromatography
- Proven track record of strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of computer aptitude and proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, communication (oral & written), teaming and collaborative skills
- Able to take initiative and exercise judgment in planning and executing work assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision