Laboratory Technician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Performs general laboratory tasks. Prepares chemical reagents needed to perform routine testing on pharmaceutical substances from a variety of clients.
- Provides assistance with chemical tracking and disposal.
- Has basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, procedures, and instrumentation used in chemistry laboratory.
- Will perform non-accredited laboratory tests under supervision.
- Requires a high school diploma with some college coursework in chemistry or a related field.
- Ability to use a personal computer required, including familiarity with MS word, Excel, E-mail and general database applications.
- Relies on instruction and works under immediate supervision. Reports to lab supervisor.
- Primary job function does not require exercising independent judgment.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
The Lab Technician has the responsibility to:
- Perform various laboratory functions which may include glassware cleaning, media preparation, and general lab maintenance.
- Perform various laboratory analysis as specified in Standard Operating Procedures and/or Work Instructions.
- Enters sample information into data systems (e.g. LIMS) for tracking and assignment purposes.
- Fill out raw data sheets and build report documents for client purposes.
- Send client updates on testing and final reports.
As a junior member of the team, the Lab Technician will:
- Report to the lab director or designee when the director is not available.
- Provide documentation of lab work performed to be reviewed by senior level management.
- Deliver compliant laboratory data in accordance with appropriate regulatory, corporate and Tribute Labs procedures.
- Assist with the sample materials testing program including receipt, testing, and results data management.
- Experience working within GMP standards is required.
- Experience in compounding or pharmaceutical processing is preferred
- Experience working and coordinating with analytical testing labs
- Technical ability, analytical ability, and decisive judgment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Associates or Bachelor's in Chemistry
- Previous liquid chromatography experience preferred
What’s on offer?
- Our company offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.