- The Lab Technician is responsible for the overall specimen processing and handling according to specific protocol requirements and Compass Research SOP.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of lab procedures and practices.
- Specimen handling
- Perform lab tests
- Comply with OSHA guidelines
- Prepare and process blood, urine and other samples for in house test, reference lab or central lab according to specific study protocol and/or SOP
- Perform and moderately complex laboratory tests completely and accurately within established time frame
- Perform blood draws, specimen collection, take vital signs, perform EKG testing and able to record accordingly
- Effectively and professionally interact with patients, visitors, peers and other healthcare professionals
- Timely specimen preparation for processing and shipping
- Maintain laboratory inventory and ordering supplies
- Preparation and maintenance of laboratory and exam room
- Maintain biohazard waste containers and disposal of biohazard waste in lab and exam rooms
- Daily freezer temperature check; record information
- Accountable for all lab equipment maintenance and service
- Maintain OSHA safety guidelines in lab
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong organizational + time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly/effectively (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and/or Biology is required or Master’s degree is preferred. Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience is required