Laboratory Technician I - United States
General Summary: The Laboratory Technician I must possess the knowledge and ability to perform the necessary activities related to cord blood or tissue processing or testing, which includes ABO, Hematology and Flow Cytometry. These activities are performed in compliance with industry regulations, site operating procedures, quality and safety policies, cost and established time standards.The Laboratory Technician I will be able to accurately maintain production records and documentation as well as maintain laboratory equipment. The Laboratory Technician I must be able to recognize and suggest solutions, new ideas and improvements. He or she must consistently meet quality specifications and understand cGMP, cGTP and AABB Guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities and Designated Assignments:
- Trained on all aspects of the cord blood processing or tissue processing and demonstrate competence in most areas of the process.
- Ability to use aseptic Technique.
- Understanding of cGMP, cGTP, AABB Guidelines.
- Able to organize, establish and complete priorities.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a collaborative style in a fast paced team environment.
- Demonstrates outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to identify and verbalize problems.
- Basic skills in MS Office and Excel.
|Job Requirements and Qualifications: |
Education: High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, or related science preferred.
Experience: Laboratory experience in an FDA-regulated environment preferred.
|Key Role Interactions (including job titles that report into this role): Reports to the Laboratory Services Manager with daily reporting to the Front Line Supervisors.|
|Working Conditions: Clean room; Receiving and Labeling; Controlled Rate Freeze area, materials warehouse.|
|Mental and Physical Demands: |
Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time, ascend and descend stairs.
|Potential Job and Task Hazards: |
Position requires handling blood and blood products; working with LN2 freezers; working with large LN2 vapor phase storage tanks.