Laboratory Implementation Specialist - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Department Marketing Statement
Charles River is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 8,500 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. At Charles River, we take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health. Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
At our world class facility in Elphinstone, Tranent (close to Edinburgh), our Biologics Testing Solutions Group currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Laboratory Implementation Specialist
The department provides quality control services for the development and release of licensed medicinal products to patients for clinical trials and works with clients from across the globe.
- Preparation and execution of Computer Systems Validation (CSV) documentation
- Assisting with the implementation of a global Laboratory Implementation Management System (LIMS)
- Collate data and compile Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Additional projects as required
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of a HNC in Science/IT/Computing, although a degree is preferable
- Excellent computer literacy (e.g Word, Excel)
- Previous experience of writing and executing CSV documentation
- Previous experience of validating computer based systems
- Proven experience of meeting timelines for which overtime will be required
- Laboratory experience and some experience of a LIMS is desirable
Why Charles River?
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day™, The Charles River Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking.
This information will be used by Charles River for the purpose of recruitment and selection only and the administration thereof. The personal information that you give us will also be used in a confidential manner to help us monitor our recruitment process. In the event you are recruited, your data will not be used other than in the normal course of business and the administration of your employment with us. We may check the information collected with third parties to ensure its accuracy and we may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent or detect crime or in other ways as permitted by law. By submitting this application form to us, we will be assuming that you agree to the processing of sensitive personal data in the manner described above.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 13 JANUARY 2017
Note for Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Charles River Human Resources Department are currently managing this vacancy internally. Agency support will only be sought, if necessary, after the short-listing process has been completed.
In the meantime, Recruitment Agencies are respectfully requested not to contact the HR Team, although contact details may be sent (via e-mail only) to email@example.com.