Laboratory Assistant - Molecular Biology - United States
We are seeking a Laboratory Assistant -Molecular Biology for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern, PA.
Performs semi-technical laboratory and research procedures as well as routine maintenance of molecular biology lab under the general supervision of senior laboratory personnel.
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOP) for maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Prepares reagents, solutions, and other media for research experimentation.
- Assists with inventory, ordering, receiving and stocking of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate and/or conduct laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Maintains clear, accurate and timely documentation of all laboratory work.
- Efficiently organize, prioritize and plan work schedule.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with other lab personnel and supervisor regarding all aspects of the day to day operations of the laboratory.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Laboratory Assistant -Molecular Biology position.
- Education: 0 to 2 years of related college coursework preferred
- Experience: 0 to 1 year working experience as a lab assistant or exposure to laboratory work preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet