Laboratory Assistant - Intern - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Receive, unpack and organize customer samples for laboratory processing.
- Prepare and aliquot reagents according to laboratory SOP’s.
- Prepare ethanol extracts.
- Perform test streaks and subcultures.
- Clean MALDI-TOF targets.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly routine cleaning of all laboratory equipment.
- Restock consumables and materials required for sample processing.
- Operate and maintain laser cutter.
- Dispose of microbial cultures, chemicals, recyclables, sharps and glass in proper waste containers.
- Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manuals, safety SOP’s and MSMS/SDS sheets.
- Provide backup for any laboratory functions as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Microbiology or related discipline required.
- Experience: 0-2 years related experience in a laboratory setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Must have working knowledge of the Quality System and Laboratory Information System.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and team oriented work environment.