This job is currently Archived,
Laboratory Assistant - Intern - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 June 2017
Provide daily support to technologists to ensure that all laboratory functions are carried out within regulatory and GMP guidelines in accordance with 21 CFR parts 210 and 211.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, unpack and organize customer samples for laboratory processing.
- Prepare and aliquot reagents according to laboratory SOP’s.
- Prepare ethanol extracts.
- Perform test streaks and subcultures.
- Clean MALDI-TOF targets.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly routine cleaning of all laboratory equipment.
- Restock consumables and materials required for sample processing.
- Operate and maintain laser cutter.
- Dispose of microbial cultures, chemicals, recyclables, sharps and glass in proper waste containers.
- Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manuals, safety SOP’s and MSMS/SDS sheets.
- Provide backup for any laboratory functions as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Microbiology or related discipline required.
- Experience: 0-2 years related experience in a laboratory setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Must have working knowledge of the Quality System and Laboratory Information System.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and team oriented work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet