This job is currently Archived,
Lab Technician/Researcher Position in Alzheimer’s Disease - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
The laboratory for research into Neurodegenerative disorders headed by Prof. Bart De Strooper, is a vibrant and international research center where key issues related to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson disease are tackled. We are looking for an ambitious and motivated technician/researcher to assist a staff scientist with a variety of cutting edge experiments implicating engineered human iPS cells, Crispr/CAS9 technology, cell based screening assays, transgenic mouse work and drug screenings.
- You possess a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- A FELASA B license for animal work is an advantage.
- You are proficient in standard molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with one or more of following techniques is a definitive plus:
- Cell culture methods including human stem cells and Crispr/Cas9 technology
- Experimental animal handling
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work - and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated, yet be able to interact well with other members of the research team.
- You are eager to expand your skills - including taking responsibility for aspects of lab management.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English and/or Dutch.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment, working in a field with high translational potential
- A contract of one year with potential renewal after positive evaluation
- Starting Date: as soon as possible