This job is currently Archived,
Lab Technician – Cell Culture and Molecular Biology - Belgium
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- The Switch Laboratory is part of the Center for Brain & Disease Research at the University, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities.
- The research of the Switch Laboratory investigates protein aggregation in disease in an endeavor to advance biological science via a combined approach of computational modeling and biophysical and cell biological experimentation.
- We are looking for a lab technician to support an established project investigating the role of protein aggregation in cancer.
- Joining a team of senior post docs and PhD students the successful candidate will provide support in cell culture and molecular biology assays.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- Experience with cell culture is essential, experience with primary cultures is an asset.
- You should have experience with general molecular biology techniques including SDS PAGE, Western blotting and cloning.
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work, and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, self-motivated and independent, whilst being able to interact effectively with other members of the research team.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is initially for 12-18 months with the possibility of extension