Lab Technician II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are looking for a talented individual to join our quality team in the position of Laboratory Technician.
- As a Laboratory Technician, with company Industrial Bio sciences you will have the opportunity to work within a highly driven team where you can apply your microbiology and analytical skills in our QA/QC Lab. This team provides ongoing support to ensure maximization of our enzyme manufacturing process.
- Our site is one of premier employers and is recognized as a leading area manufacturer.
- We have a unique culture with a work hard, play hard, change the world philosophy.
- You will enjoy a fun, relaxed environment that allows you to work to your full potential!
- This position does not qualify for Visa Sponsorship.
- Preparing reagents, seed train media, micro media and supplies for tests
- Analytical testing for process and reporting of test results
- Contamination control- pursuing possible sources
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting basic lab equipment including: pH meters, analytical balances, auto analyzers, hplc
- Perform basic aseptic techniques
- Data entry of test results
- Supporting internal customers
- Participating in lab problem solving and troubleshooting
- Practicing lab hygiene and following safety procedures
- Actively participating in training process
- General GMP in the lab: dishes, stocking supplies , etc
- Implementing and adhering to ISO standards
- Assists with special project
- Model appropriate behavior and hold people accountable for: Safety Health Environment/Project Safety Management and Ethics and Respect for People Core Values.
- B.S./A.S. in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related field is highly preferred
- HS Diploma and minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an industrial lab environment is required
- Good record-keeping skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities are required
- Motivated and creative with strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Capable of working both independently and in a collaborative setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills highly regarded
- Self-starter with good organizational skills
- Ability to safely perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Work safely and adhere to company Core Value Ability to lead and uphold core values
- Ability to work flexible schedule including some weekends.
- Our company Industrial Bio sciences is a leader in the industrial biotechnology sector which develops innovative enzymes and bio products to improve the performance and reduce the environmental impact of the cleaning, textiles, fuels and chemicals industries.
- We also develop and produce enzymes for the food, beverage and animal nutrition businesses.
- We leverage our cutting edge protein engineering and production expertise with worldwide manufacturing capability to develop sustainable solutions for the emerging biobased economy.