Lab Research Technician I - In-Vitro - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
With guidance, perform routine through moderately complex tasks associated with growing and maintaining cell lines for use in pre-clinical experiments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine cell passages, maintain cell inventory and cryo-preserve cell lines.
- Perform in vitro assays.
- Collect, analyze, and prepare data.
- Review study; provide feedback on accuracy of materials and report results to senior research staff.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of laboratory equipment.
- Perform CBC analysis on Cell Dyn 3700.
- Assure all written documentation containing raw data has been properly processed before closing study folder upon study completion.
- Inventory, re-stock and order supplies with the approval of manager.
- Provide assistance to research associates as assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in biology or related field.
- Experience: 0 to 1year of experience in a pharmaceutical support laboratory (tissue culture, formulation, in vitro assays, etc) and experience in the collection and entry of data. Experience with mammalian cell culture and sterile technique preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Able to efficiently manage tasks with high quality and to adjust rapidly to changing experimental priorities while maintaining the integrity of data. Effective communication skills. Good organizational skills. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Detail oriented. Excellent manual dexterity; ability to perform data entry. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet