This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 12 June 2017
Lab Manager position
- We are searching for a Lab Manager who would take upon both lab duties, such as basic training of new lab members, equipment maintenance, inventory management, standardizing lab protocols and lab safety compliance, preparing common reagents, generating libraries of Fluorescent in situ hybridization probes, training new comers on microscope use and making sure our databases are up to date, as well as administrative duties, such as handling orders of equipment and supplies, arranging travel of lab members, handling reimbursements and overlooking lab budget.
- Moreover, the Lab Manager will be responsible for maintaining the lab website.
- The Lab Manager should be capable of working independently and be proactive in the implementation of procedural improvements to ensure that the lab runs safely and efficiently.
The research groups
- The position is available in the laboratories for Quantitative Biology and Technology
- The lab explores the fundamental design principles that regulate how chromatin is organized in the eukaryotic nucleus in normal and disease conditions, and how the 3D chromosome structure influences gene expression.
- The Crosetto lab investigates the molecular basis of DNA fragility, trying to understand how the interplay between DNA replication and transcription is linked to the formation of DNA breaks genome-wide.
PhD degree in biology or similar
- Minimum 5 years of advanced experience in molecular biology is required
- Ideally experience with microscopy techniques
- Knowledge of Swedish is a big plus
Must be willing to work on adjusted schedule to support research needs.
Find a Job Find Candidates