Lab Manager / Operational Job - Netherlands
The Boxmeer facility is part of the Manufacturing Division Animal Health network and manufactures and packs animal health products. The CoE Quality Operations is responsible for the testing and release of raw materials, packaging materials, antigen, Final Product Unpacked and Final Product Packed and for assuring and improving the quality (products, processes and systems) and compliance at the site. The scope of the CoE Quality is service oriented on internal (IPTs site Boxmeer and R&D) and external (other MSD AH Manufacturing sites and R&D) customers. The QCO department is a Quality Control lab for the execution of Biological, microbiological and chemical testing on product related production and/or R&D samples.
The primary purpose of the position is operational coaching of the Quality Control lab processes for IPT Inbound. The lab consists of a professional staff that is striving for continuous improvement and ensures compliance to regulatory and customer expectations. The Operational Coach works in close collaboration with the IPT. The Operational Coach reports to the QC Operations Lead.
Manages the execution of the operational QC lab processes based on daily walkthroughs and visual management, clarifies operational status to others in IPT’s/ CoE and ensures problem solving within operational and quality procedures and guidelines. Creates an efficient organization with professional staff that is striving for continuous improvement and ensures compliance to regulatory and customer expectations. The Operational Coach QCO reports to the QCO Lead.
Assures availability of right number of employees (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Responsible for compliancy by monitoring daily process, investigating incidents and authorizing solutions.
- Initiates and contributes to improvement projects within laboratory group.
- Monitors, initiates and ensures administration of data (e.g. performance indicators) and documentation (e.g. SOP’s), according to procedures and guidelines.
- Reviews and releases test results and documentations. Formulates change management proposals and authorizes changes in co-operation with CoE and IPT members.
- Monitors, initiates and ensures administration of data and documentation according to procedures and guidelines.
- Enhances safety culture within the department and ensures safety policies and guidelines are followed in close co-operation with SHE department.
Desired skills & experience
- Bachelor in (bio)chemistry, (micro)biology or equivalent.
- Experienced in Quality Control role (minimum of 3 years).
- Experienced operational management skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to manage and guide team members and coach them to capable professionally with a mindset for continuous willingness to change.
- Willingness to change and demonstrated experience of continuous improvement.
- Competencies: Analyzing skills/learning ability, communication skills, people-oriented leadership/coaching, task-oriented leadership, focus on results and self-reflection.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement tools and methodology (e.g. Green Belt or similar).
- Promotes and displays "Lean" behaviors and "Lean" culture. Demonstrates leadership in alignment with MSD Leadership Standards and the 12 Inclusive Behaviours.
MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them. MSD has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
MSD. Be well. For more information, visit our website: msd.nl/career/
MSD Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish. We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world. Within MSD Animal Health, we are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven. But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within MSD Animal Health as well. MSD Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. We expect a lot from our people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Guido Gregoire, Associate Director, Quality, Quality Control Operations, phone +31 485585456
If you are interested in this challenging role, you are requested to apply online by uploading your resume and application letter in English.
Job: Quality Operations Job Title:Lab Manager / Operational
Primary Location: EMEA-Netherlands-NB-Boxmeer
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Microbiology, Laboratory, Pharmaceutical, R&D, Science, Research