Lab Head Screening - Italy
Posted on : 19 February 2017
- As a key member of company’s Screening Technologies department this role will involve directing and delivering on the Company’s internal and external drug discovery objectives.
- The successful Candidate is expected to have a good experience in assay development and optimization both for biochemical and cell based assays and a good understanding on compound testing and potency determination.
- She/He will actively lead and/or contribute to project teams tasked with rapidly advancing drug discovery programs.
- A strong background in biology with a special focus on assays is expected, likely to PhD level or to an equivalent industry experience.
- Strong communication skills will be required to enable successful management of associates as well as the coordination of external collaborations and CRO’s.
- This position will suit a highly motivated, innovative and strong team player.
- PhD in biology (or related fields) or M.Sc. with at least five years of experience
- proven experience with both biochemical and cell based assays
- strong attitude to automation and informatics
- understanding of drug discovery assay requirements
- basics of chemical compound management
- management and leadership skills, ability to provide supervision and mentor ship.