This job is currently Archived,
Lab Head Cancer Biology (M/F) - Switzerland
Basilea Pharmaceutica (company)
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Our company focuses on products that address increasing resistance and non-response to current treatment options in the therapeutic areas of bacterial infections, fungal infections and cancer.
- The company uses the integrated research, development and commercial operations to discover, develop and commercialize innovative pharmaceutical products to meet the medical needs of patients with serious and potentially life-threatening conditions.
- To strengthen our Research Department, we are looking for a motivated Lab Head Cancer Biology (M/F)
- Manage and organize a cancer biology lab, including coordination and reporting of research activities in support of preclinical project goals
- Scientifically contribute to research teams and strategies based on a solid knowledge of oncology and tumor biology
- Independently lead research projects to defined milestones, including interaction with internal and external collaborators as required
- Efficiently drive research projects, including novel target validation, mechanism of action and biomarker studies
- Develop and implement biochemical and cell biology assays for compound profiling
- PhD in Cell Biology/Biochemistry with an emphasis on tumor biology
- 1-2 years’ experience in industrial cancer research, 3 years Postdoctoral experience in tumor biology
- Extensive mammalian cell culture and cell biology expertise
- Broad biochemical, molecular biology and immunological technique background
- Knowledge in statistical analysis and bioinformatics is an asset
- Expertise of standard programs for data analysis and presentation and Good IT-user skills in MS-Office program
- Innovative, enthusiastic, flexible and team oriented individual who is able to work independently
- English language proficiency, any other language is an asset
We offer an interesting and varied work environment in a dynamic future-oriented enterprise with a highly motivated team, a competitive salary and benefits.