Lab Computing Engineer – Desktop Support - United States
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
The OneSource Lab Computing IT Service Engineer provides scientific and laboratory services, of manufacturing equipment, chrome skids, and validation/compliance services. This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment
- Working seamlessly with the corporate IT and OneSource teams, in and outside of the Lab Computing environment
- Build and maintain a working relationship with Lab Owners, IT Teams and Management.
- Proactively support the lab environment
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Identify inefficiencies in the environment and resolve, fault tolerance, preventative maintenance, virus management and best practices
- Collaborates with departments to improve systems and processes
- Install and troubleshoot computers and software in client laboratory space
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Coordinates and works with outside vendors, with installations and problem solving.
- Maintain daily client communications
- Participate in client team meetings
- Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
- Listens actively and communicates promptly and effectively with users regarding IT issues. Provides timely follow-up.
- Escalates IT or other issues that are not resolved via normal support channels. Acts as an interface between business and corporate IT teams.
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage one’s time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
- Defined work week is 40 hours, the range of hours may vary based on client’s needs.
- Provide support for CLIO and Scientific Services as requested.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years’ of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ lab environment or extensive IT experience
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments and software
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and be achievement oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Ability to multitask and support various groups of users