This job is currently Archived,
Lab Automation Support - United States
Posted on : 02 May 2017
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Location : Akron OH US
Job Description :
PurposeTo give support and training of Diagnostics products in a manner that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction and quality expectations. To act professionally to swiftly address customer concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions: Provide support for products assigned by the Team Leader. This requires a working knowledge of the products and includes the following duties:
- Answer incoming calls and emails.
- Identify and investigate product and quality system problems, utilizing the complaint handling system where appropriate.
- Independently troubleshoot, resolve, and test technical issues for products assigned by the Team Leader.
- Dispatch field engineers when appropriate.
- Create appropriate documentation for all work performed.
- Conduct customer training sessions for products assigned by the Team Leader.
- Produce and maintain customer training material.
- Engage Customer Service to assist with technical reviews of equipment orders.
- Transition knowledge to other team members through documentation and communication.
- Understand and communicate product descriptions and customer specific workflows for products supported.
- Assist in the creation of technical support standards and improvements that increase efficiency and improve support turn-around times and customer satisfaction.
- Engage in special projects as assigned.
- Proactively communicate status of special projects and unresolved issues to the Team Leader.
- Ensure the complete satisfaction of the customers.
Job Requirements :
- 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biochemical industry, technical support experience preferred.
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. degree in science, engineering, or health related field, or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver what’s promised on time, proactively provide status reports, and independently manage tasks from inception through completion with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Ability to work in a team environment with shared goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to provide clear and structured written documentation.
- General office environment as well as laboratory facilities for work space. Customer laboratories will include biological sample material.
- 20-30% Travel – primarily domestic, but will include international travel.