Lab Assistant (Part Time 20 Hours) - United States
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wash and dry glassware and distribute to appropriate locations within the laboratory.
- Keep glass-washing area clean and organized. May sterilize glassware and other items using an autoclave.
- Label tubes, devices and containers and perform laboratory set-up/clean-up.
- Assist technical personnel with clerical duties (e.g., filing, making copies, etc.).
- Monitor inventory and stock assigned areas.
- May record observations and measurements for basic lab/research tasks.
- Operate basic lab equipment and perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments as appropriate for assigned area.
- May be responsible for preparing simple lab solutions (e.g., buffers, media/common vehicles).
- May generate reports, data, and forms.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: None.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Must have valid, state-issued, driver’s license.
- Must be detail-oriented and have general familiarity with lab procedures.
- Good verbal communication skills required.
- Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
Equal Employment Opportunity