Lab Assistant - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our lab is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
- By leveraging our world-class infrastructure, and local and global ecosystem of partners, we create groundbreaking innovations in healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
- As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 minds from over 70 nationalities.
- To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
- Our NERF division (Neuro-Electronic Research Flanders), a young not-for-profit academic research initiative with the goal of forming a thorough understanding of the brain function is currently looking for a Lab Assistant:
- You will be in charge of the daily care of rodents in our animal facility.
- You will assist in breeding of different mouse lines and maintenance of the colonies.
- On request you will assist researchers in handling and training animals.
- You will perform daily logistic tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the lab.
- You will have some administrative tasks such as filling in registers and databases with regards to animal registration.
- You will provide support to researchers and students in their daily activities.
- You will have a supportive role in our research laboratory and animal facility with emphasis on mouse colony maintenance and logistics.
- You have a professional bachelor degree in Laboratory science or you have experience working in an animal facility and laboratory environment.
- You are willing to work with rodents.
- You are in possession of a certificate Laboratory Animal Science category A or B, or are motivated to obtain this certificate upon arrival.
- You have a positive and energetic personality and are inclined to take initiative.
- You are flexible and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- You are proficient at reading, writing and speaking English.
- In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking.
- Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative, show responsibility and acquire new skills.
- In this position you will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich collaborative environment.
- We are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth.
- Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make our lab a top player in its field.
- Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.