Lab Assistant II - United States
Charles River (company)
Perform basic to moderately complex laboratory and record-keeping tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record observations and measurements and report results for basic to moderately complex lab/research tasks.
- Review data recorded by others for quality control.
- Assist technical personnel with clerical duties (e.g., filing, making copies, etc.).
- Label collection tubes and perform laboratory set-up/clean-up.
- Wash and dry glassware and distribute to appropriate locations within the laboratory. Keep glass-washing area clean and organized. May sterilize glassware and other items using an autoclave.
- Assist with receipt of samples and complete tracking documentation.
- Operate basic to moderately complex lab equipment and perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments as appropriate for assigned area.
- Monitor inventory and stock assigned areas.
- May prepare materials and data for routine shipment and archiving.
- May be responsible for preparing simple lab solutions (e.g., buffers, media/common vehicles).
- May generate reports, data, and forms.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s degree in a science preferred.
- Experience: 2-4 years experience in a laboratory setting required. GLP experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be detail-oriented and have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Able to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature in which ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Able to receive and understand general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet