Lab Assistant - Fermentation - United States
We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Lab Assistant- Fermentation
- We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Lab Assistant to help support ongoing operations within our Fermentation Lab.
- This position consists of 100% lab work to include: preparation of medium for fermentations, tank set up, material autoclaving, sampling, and tank harvesting and cleaning.
- Observations made over the course of the fermentations will be recorded and the fermentations need to be checked for compliance with the conditions that are specified in the experiment plan.
- The Lab Assistant will follow protocol accurately and will work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- This important role will require strong attention to detail and will involve close collaborations and excellent communication with team members.
In this position you need to possess:
- High School diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ related experience or have a related Associate’s degree (biological sciences, chemistry).
- Preferably have previous experience with lab work and with practical aspects of biological work.
- Exceptional reliability, high motivation and good collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to perform a hands-on operational role involving routine physical work.
- The physical work will include lifting 50 pound bags, regularly handling 20 pound materials (including bending and rotating movements) as well as working overhead with 10 pound materials.Basic computer skills with commonly used software (i.e. MS Excel, Word)
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.