Key Account Manager SMA - France
|External Posting Title||Key Account Manager SMA|
|Job Description||We are looking for 3 SMA Key Account Managers based in the following regions: Paris and East Region, Paris and West Region, South of France.|
The SMA Key Account Manager ‘s main responsibility is to drive the care for SMA patients by improving patient identification and market development, create territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory. Additionally to effectively maintaining relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on Nusinersen and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions.
The Key Account Manager is key point of contact for all customers / centers within the region and is accountable for the success of Nusinersen in the assigned accounts. This will be achieved by coordinating all functions and aligning all operations with a thorough understanding of the business and customer’s requirements. The Key Account Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with marketing, logistics support, internal / field market access and medical colleagues to create value for patients and other relevant stakeholders within the accounts to ensure long-term growth in alignment with Biogen's code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards.
Focal to the success of the Key Account Manager remit will be:
• Identifying the patient/doctor landscape, learning about rare diseases and specifically SMA treatment decisions. Understanding the regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring the right guardrails are in place.
• “Co-creation” - Building up the critical network required to improve the lives of SMA patients and their families
• Understand individual country dynamics by creating a KOL map, mapping patient flow and building strategies to eliminate / minimize leakage
• Remove barriers to treatment to ensure best outcomes for patients and families. Understand the role of new born screening in the diagnostic phase of patient identification
• Collaboratively with the cross functional team understand the educational needs of physicians, budget holders, nurses etc., to create awareness for SMA
• Develops and executes an effective business plan for maximizing territory sales ensuring that stakeholder needs are being met.
• Deliver compelling arguments to persuade and motivate others to adopt a course of action that supports the best outcome for the patient
• Product Flow/Logistics - Ensure access and availability of Nusinersen at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer Nusinersen
• Pre-launch drive awareness of Standards of Care and Biogen commitment in rare disease
• Builds individual strategic account plans on how to approach customers, achieve sales goals and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results
• Strategically network within the cross-functional team to segment and prioritize SMA centers of excellence (e.g. developing work processes &communication streams) to ensure patients have access to Nusinersen and troubleshoot any challenges.
• Provide information to management to help with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts - e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
• Ensure execution and customer management excellence by building an intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders’ priorities and decision making processes (patient identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for nusinersen utilization).
• Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed
• Perseverance and an entrepreneurial drive to pursue ideas and projects that ensure sustainable, long term success.
• Fiscal responsibility to manage budgets
|Location||Nanterre Cedex, France|
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|
• 6+ years of sales experience in the hospital/academic medical center/biotech industry. Healthcare infrastructure understanding is crucial; rare diseases experience highly recommended.
• High degree of learning agility to learn. Ability to deal with ambiguity, handle risk and uncertainty.
• Must have experience working in a sales team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs
• Knowledge of relevant health care policy aspects, legal aspects and clinical studies
• Requires a command of highly scientific and technical subject matter
• Must be comfortable spending 50-60% of their time traveling
• Must have strong command of the English language in addition to fluency in French
• Collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory
• Must proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues
• Strong analytical ability
• Professional presence, self-confidence, self-driven, and a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills, competent partner at all levels
• Drive and desire for success, patients centric and result-orientated
• Bachelor/Master degree in Business or Science
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Account Manager, Biotech, Marketing Manager, Manager, Sales, Science, Marketing, Management, Research