Key Account Manager – Informatics - California - United States
PerkinElmer’s mission is to innovate for a healthier world, with over 8,000 employees worldwide and revenues in excess of $2.0 billion. The Informatics Solutions group services the Life Science, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Agriculture and Government markets. Solutions include Data Connectivity and Unification, Electronic Lab Notebooks, and Data Visualization and Analytics.
The Key Accounts Manager serves as the primary relationship manager with responsibility for prospecting new business, cultivating high level relationships at major accounts, and managing the sales process for million dollar plus projects. You will be the main client contact and must be able to gain access to all areas of the account (including business areas, IT, and upper management) in order to pursue and develop new opportunities. A successful candidate will be able to partner PerkinElmer technical staff in a team-selling mode to gain the right audiences in the target accounts and match the client needs to solutions PerkinElmer can provide. You must be able to develop long term account strategies within the assigned territory to forecast and plan 1-3 years out and be able to accurately forecast sales opportunities 2-4 quarters out.
We are looking for someone with drive, passion and a competitive spirit. Our ideal candidate will have experience in selling software, with a strong understanding of business intelligence/analytics and the Life Science industries. This position will be responsible for both new and existing customers.
Why should you join us?
- You want to be a part of proven company, with tremendous additional growth potential
- You want to be significantly rewarded for your abilities and contributions
- You want to work hard within a fun-loving environment that encourages a work-life balance
THIS POSITION WILL COVER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA and possibly other selected accounts in the West(Exact territory will be partly based on where the candidate lives)
- Work closely with cross functional teams to define and execute on a Territory Plan and on Key Account Plans for the largest prospects in the territory.
- Leverage and expand sales in existing accounts for GROWTH of key accounts
- Network and build strong relationships to maximize sales territory growth. (Hunter mentality is essential to gain new customers, as well as to expand into additional departments of existing accounts)
- Indirectly manage customer service projects and customer care relationships.
- Achieve achieve quarterly and yearly orders/revenue targets.
- Maintain information about the clients and prospects in the Customer Relationship Management system (SalesForce.com), including information on sales opportunities and their progress to closure.
- Keen ability to obtain prospect feedback, interpret and understand customer business requirements to identify and develop innovative solutions as they relate to the functionality of the PerkinElmer informatics applications.
- Ensure highest standards in client interactions (product positioning & presentations, proposal response, etc.)
- Align with broader organization (Marketing/Product Management/Service) to ensure customer needs are met to maximize PerkinElmer business value.
- 5+ years’ experience in selling or enterprise scientific software/service solutions.Relevant industries would include (but not be limited to): pharma/biotech, agricultural, chemical
- Experience selling to both business users and IT
- Formal education in chemistry, biology or other science discipline is preferred (Bachelor’s degree or higher)
- HUNTER skill set – account planning, prospecting, lead qualification and development of new business.
- Must have contacts at several relevant major accounts and be able to effectively manage the sales process for million dollar plus accounts.
- Experience selling into both large multinational and mid-size companies, specific focus on managing relationships across the enterprise. (will partner with an Inside Sales Manager for smaller opportunities)
- Requires polished negotiating skills.
- Proven track record of consistent quota achievement and the expertise to manage complex sales process.
- Past experience with assigned accounts or territory with an associated sales quota related to both existing and new business.
- Possess a general technical understanding of modern scientific software and be able to effectively articulate technical information in an easily understood manner with prospects
- Possess or acquire proficiency in the sales tools utilized by PerkinElmer (SalesForce.com CRM, PowerPoint, Excel, TIBCO Spotfire, Clari, etc.)
• Must be legally able to work in the US
• Will work out of their home office or a PerkinElmer office (depending upon location)
• Must be able to travel as the position dictates
• Complete medical/dental/vision benefits
• Paid Vacation
• 401(k) savings plan
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Referral program
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.