- The SMA Key Account Manager’s (KAM) main responsibility is to drive the care for SMA patients by removing the key barriers for best possible outcomes, improving patient identification and market development, create territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory.
- The Key Account Manager is the first contact for health care professionals of SMA in UK and Ireland coordinating all interactions in customer-driven way.
- The candidate will have a proven competency in securing funding and healthcare process understanding locally for hospital administered products.
- The KAM is a key point of contact for all customers / centers within the region and is accountable for the success of Nusinersen in the assigned accounts.
- This will be achieved by coordinating all functions and aligning all operations with a thorough understanding of the business and customer’s requirements.
- The KAM is responsible for working collaboratively with all internal functions like marketing, logistics support, internal / field market access and medical colleagues to create value for patients and other relevant stakeholders within the accounts to ensure long-term growth in alignment with our company's code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards.
Focal to the success of the SMA Key Account Manager remit will be:
- Establish trust and patient-driven collaboration between our company and Health care professionals in UK/Ireland
- Pre-launch drive awareness of Standards of Care and company commitment in rare disease
- Create KOL maps, map patient flow and building strategies to eliminate / minimize hurdles within the hospital
- Remove barriers to treatment to ensure best outcomes for patients and families
- Understand the educational needs of physicians, budget holders, nurses etc., to create awareness for SMA
- Develops and executes an effective account plan (patient identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for Nusinersen utilisation) for maximising performance and ensuring stakeholder needs are being addressed
- Product Flow/Logistics - Ensure access and availability of Nusinersen at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer Nusinersen
- Strategically network within the cross-functional team to segment and prioritise SMA centers of excellence (e.g. developing work processes & communication streams) to ensure patients have access to Nusinersen
- Provide intelligence to assist with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts - e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
- Partner with market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support
- Perseverance and an entrepreneurial drive to pursue ideas and projects that ensure sustainable, long term success
Achieving patient-driven goals:
- Works toward achievement of operational goals and customer coordination responsibility in the respective territory set by the organisation.
- Understand NHS budgeting and the financial linkages existing in the market place.
- Work to secure the required formulary inclusions & protocols within the specified territory to support prescribing of Nusinersen
- Drive patient identification and market development for SMA by building and executing against account specific plans. Continuously assess sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow the business.
- Effectively prioritise time, activities, and resources to optimise accounts with the greatest potential.
- Builds and maintains important relationships with key decision makers involved in SMA care delivery and decision making and can educate and promote on company services (as relevant to the market).
- Acts as an ambassador for our company’s commitment to science, innovation and rare disease.
- Develops and executes an annual account plan that includes prioritized goals, quantitative and qualitative approach to any negotiations needed to ensure company success in its SMA sales objective, and leverages the cross functional team as needed.
- Provides analysis of business and patient access threats and opportunities at relevant stages of the patient journey within the prioritized accounts, based on customer insights, health insurers' purchasing guidelines and practices, and competitive actions.
- Provide input on how drivers and barriers to access can be optimally addressed into actionable objectives.
- Builds and maintains relationship with HCPs by maximising their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor call plan, and conducts post call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach. Is able to create positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
Leveraging and coordinating resources:
- Proactively builds effective working trust, relationships with internal and external stakeholders; can drive agreement / decisions from multiple stakeholders; can read people's emotions and flex communication style.
- Is able to adjust their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals. Remains flexible and finds solutions.
- Executes programs, in-services, and lunch n` learns for their territory. Is able to work independently to set their own travel schedule and call plan on a daily/weekly basis to ensure adequate coverage for all key accounts.
- Supports the Regional Lead and colleagues in the analysis and classification of key accounts, based on predefined criteria within the assigned territory and in the identification of potential key customers.
- Extensive years of bio-pharma or pharma experience in the hospital/academic medical center/biotech industry
- Proven to deliver rare disease market access strategies that result in reimbursement, i.e. has current rare disease experience and networks established
- Proven and successful launch experience in a sales role
- Requires a command of highly scientific and technical subject matter. Knowledge of relevant health care policies, commercial processes, legal and compliance regulations
- High degree of learning agility to learn/understand Nusinersen administration and neuromuscular diseases.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and handle risk and uncertainty
- Must have experience working in a commercial or medical team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs
- Collaborates proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory.
- Leads cross functionally the team(s) in their territory
- Passionate about rare disease, strong drive and desire for success, result-orientated
- Must proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues
- Strong analytical ability
- Organisational ability
- Professional presence, self-confidence, self-driven, and a positive attitude
- Must be comfortable spending 50-60% of their time travelin
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business or Science
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Account Manager, Biotech, Marketing Manager, Manager, Sales, Science, Marketing, Management, Research