Key Account Manager - Field Based (Wales & South West) - United Kingdom
Purpose of the position:
As a Key Account Manager you will be an integral part of a highly successful field based team within Astellas Specialist Brands - Anti Infectives required to design and implement local health economy account plans to improve sales, market share and profitability by effectively promoting the anti-infective portfolio within a defined territory to clinicians and influencers in order to deliver and exceed territory business objectives especially, sales, market share and profitability targets.
You will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and passion to acquire and optimally use local market intelligence to inform business/account planning; and to effectively differentiate clinical products and Astellas to enhance performance and promote longer term partnership working with customers, e.g. Prescribers, financial influencers, prescribing influencers, medical management influencers and others who affect the Anti-Infectives business.
Core Tasks & Responsibilities
- To ensure achievement of personal objectives, including sales, market growth and profit targets.
- To assume full P&L responsibility for promoted portfolio at a territory level.
- To prepare a robust account plan for each account to achieve business objectives, including specifying how time and personal resources would be best deployed.
- To segment local accounts according to potential and propensity (i.e. likelihood of securing business) and to use such analysis to inform territory/account planning.
- To map patient flows and include Primary Care follow up plans
- To maintain accurate customer records and complete administration in a timely manner in compliance with company minimum standards
- To monitor and critically review implementation of tactical plans against key performance indicators/critical success factors and to take corrective action as required in agreement with NSM
- To adapt work schedules, targeting and resource deployment to meet the changing needs of the business.
- To link with RBM’s to ensure all parties are aware of local health economy account plans and to ensure customers are managed smoothly
- To ensure territory and account plans are aligned with national anti-infective plan.
- To identify networks of influence on prescribing within local health economies and buying processes/criteria and to use such intelligence to inform business planning.
- To ensure maximum leverage is achieved from available budget and that expenditure is kept within set limits.
- To identify opportunities for business growth e.g. key accounts, new projects or added value services that would grow market or secure commitment to Astellas products.
- To develop/propose commercial strategies within area (e.g. hospital pricing) to optimize sales growth and profitability.
- To effectively differentiate Astellas products and company approach to NHS customers in local health economies to drive sales/growth and promote longer-term partnership working.
- To facilitate customer education in relevant disease areas to increase awareness of best practice and clinical advantages of products.
- Secure hospital formulary status and usage in key accounts and where relevant primary care support for promoted products in accordance with account plan.
- To remain up to date with changes in the NHS both nationally and locally to ensure that account plans develop in line with customers.
- To develop therapeutic and market expertise within designated therapy areas.
- To ensure compliance with company standards and the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Use of wider resources from Head Office, such as Medical, Outcomes models, marketing, PAG’s
- To develop a level of financial understanding to manage, deliver and optimize P&L
- To share and influence current and future plans of both the customer and themselves
- Planning Astellas business with the customer
- Knowledge of and ability to facilitate the development of the customers’ own business plan
- Managing and utilizing systems and tools to their best effect.
Specific skills and Competencies
- Highly adaptable and adjusts quickly to change.
- ABPI qualified.
- Excellent selling, negotiation and networking skills.
- Sound understanding of UK pharmaceutical industry; and demonstrates awareness of NHS policies, structures and processes relevant to area.
- Sound understanding of clinical and market information pertinent to designated therapy area is desirable.
- Budgetary management skills.
- Analytical thinker; demonstrates evidence of both numerical and verbal critical reasoning.
- Achievement oriented, energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Solutions focused and effective problem solving skills.
- Capable of creativity & innovation.
- High standard of oral and written communication, including well developed presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and time management skills, and evidence of competence in job related areas (see section 5 for further details).
- IT Competent in the use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and CRM/ETMS systems is desirable.
- Self motivated "can do" attitude who makes things happen
- Solid industry sales experience and with experience selling into hospital accounts (specialist pharmaceutical products or medical devices/equipment).
- Sound understanding of hospital buying/procurement processes is essential.
- Successful sales record
- Sound understanding of local healthcare driver and implications on the portfolio
-Previous experience of selling products in anti-infective market is desirable.
- Previous KAM experience is desirable, but not essential
- Car driver, with clean license (or no greater than 3 points).