Key Account Manager (Coatings or Paints/Inks)- MidWest Region - Novecare - United States
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing Novecare Coating’s key accounts and business development in specified territory, and for providing commercial and market leadership for the NA Inks sector and select accounts globally. Identifies, develops new prospects and closes. Develop market strategy and provides leadership for the Inks sector to enhance Novecare’s global position. Has full accountability for Top Line Growth and CM with Key Accounts. (Preferred MidWest locations: IL, MI, OH, IN, Western, PA)
- Aggressively grow contribution margin and sales at existing accounts and new accounts as well as develop opportunity pipeline and closing new opportunities - with a goal of double digit CM growth per year.
- Develop Market strategy for Inks sector including the innovation strategy, 4Ps, identification of un-met market needs and business opportunities, and new business development. Deliver double digit growth in the Inks sector.
- Global Key Account Management for select Ink accounts.
- Manage regional distributors and key accounts in specified territory.
- Prepare and implement action plans for each key account in accordance with overall sales and profit targets.
- Maintain excellent global and regional data on accounts, using all Business tools including SalesForce.com. Make the best use of these data to grow CM and identify key drivers to improve profitability.
- Coordinates KAM (key account) growth plans, manage strategic KAM business opportunities, pricing, lab projects and sales contracts.
- Proactively identify gaps with strategic plan and develop corrective action plans to deliver on commitments.
- Develop and nurture network at all levels of the customer organization. Ensure the customer remains at the heart of all internal processes with a view to continuously secure profitable growth objectives
- Plan and lead negotiations selling value over product
- Develop ‘top of the mind’ preference for Solvay within the Key Account.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or scientific major required. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years professional sales or customer interfacing roles in the Paints & Coatings market selling additives or related products. Experience in the Inks industry is a plus.
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to secure new customer accounts and manage customer relationships across all levels within an organization.
- Ability to think strategically, see the big picture and execute tactically.
- Understand the market dynamics and economic drivers for the Inks, and Paints and Coatings market.
- Demonstrated strength in negotiation.
- Technical understanding of products & applications.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to present effectively.
- Ability to travel 50% or potentially more.