BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Under the direction and guidance of the Area Director, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing specific distributors in order to develop our business in the new territories assigned. Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: follow up to commercial activities performed by the distributor in the different new markets, commercial operations, and relationship management with different stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationship with distributor personnel including commercial director and sales representatives in all new markets.
- Follow up on the different activities performed by the distributor to FIND-START-KEEP in the new markets.
- Provide training and support to distributors’ work force, if necessary.
- Maintain and manage working relationship with customers (local governments entities), treatment physicians, KOLs, patient support organizations.
- Provide professional representation at medical meeting and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Director related to distributors management.
- Report any Pharmacovigilance issues with the timelines specified in the relevant SOPs.
- Provide appropriate updates of key promotional messages to customers, including physician, pharmacists and nursing staff
- Degree in life sciences and/or medical professional background.
- Minimum 3-5 years specific work experience in sales and marketing for pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology Company.
- Very good skills in English as well as strong communication skills in the local language.
- Computer competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements particularly sales and marketing activities as well as Pharmacovigilance.
- Good understanding of Health Care Systems including financing and public health policy.
- Flexible, dedicated, ability to recognize customers’ needs, open in communication.
- Sales-oriented and customer-oriented thinking.
- BS/BA degree in business or life sciences, pharmaceutical sales representative education.
Notebook, Mobile phone and IPad
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.