Junior Utility Operator (Temporary) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
System area Releases (SARS)
- Day-to-day management and tracking of utility system area releases
- Ad hoc support for urgent , unplanned SARs
- Provide updates at shift to shift meetings and urgent ad hoc meetings
- Provide updates to management and customers as needed
- Daily email communication to a wide audience on SAR statuses
- Working with Facilities planning and scheduling to ensure SARs are in place
- Assist or shadow Utility Operators in removing systems from service and returning system to service·
Monitor and Report
- Monitor and record plant operating parameters in the field; escalate issues to Utility Operators via handheld radio or as directed
- Report non-SAR system impact notices to customers such as waste cessations and load shedding events
- Engage with MFG customers as directed to convey urgent information during emergency events
- Under supervision, monitor local equipment alarms and report alarm conditions as assigned
Control Room Readiness
- Manage communication equipment including handheld radios, phones, related chargers, and other devices used per shift
- Maintain logs and checklist as assigned for Utility Operations staff
- Ensure all consumable materials needed in the control room are restocked
- Maintain and update contact information for vendors and stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Data and Field Reviewso Shadow utility operators performing routine operationso Under supervision, execute utility operation of systems as assignedo
- Execute adverse trend reviews of data to identify leading indicator of failureo
- Execute utility yard inspection readiness checks and other related checks as assignedo
- Perform routine and ad hoc field walk downs with other Utility Operations personnel in support of improvements or other assigned activitieso
- Execute logs, checklists, and other documents for day to day operationso
- Escort vendors or stakeholders as needed in the utility yard areas·
- Consumable and Safety Equipment Supporto Perform safety equipment checklists and equipment auditso
- Order safety equipment as needed for activities as directedo Serve as point of contact/coordinator for safety projects and safety work orderso
- Provide day to day oversight of consumables used for utility systemso Serve as point of contact for consumable replenishmento
- Manually or automatically refill consumables as needed·
- Continuous Improvement and Trainingo Participate in developing and reviewing SOPs and work instructionso
- Participate in reviews and assessments for the Utility Operations programo
- Train utility vendors on utility yard guidelines including safety requirements and equipment remove from service guidelines·
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by management·
- Wear proper safety equipment at all time·
- Engage in safe behavior within the utility areas
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of workable systems, policies, and procedures
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude regardless of circumstances
- Ability to objectively support and explain reasoning for decisions
- Ability to become proficient with CMMS (INFOR preferred)
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Skill in oral and written communication
- College degree (Associates/Bachelors), Technical Certification, military technical training, or equivalent experience that provides knowledge, skills, and the abilities required to appropriately perform the scope of responsibilities.
- 0- 6 months experience related to utility and/or process equipment operation, maintenance, reliability, or instrumentation or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Train the Trainer course completion (required – company provided )