Junior Software Engineer - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- In order to support the development of our portfolio of projects and products, we are actively looking for Junior Software Engineers to join our teams.
- Based on safety and medical requirements, and following strict architectural guidelines and market best practices, the candidate will produce quality code and integrate in a delivery team of 2 to 4 developers working together using the Scrum method.
- The candidate will also participate in the technical design of the solution in collaboration with the solution and technical architects.
- Ideally the candidate will have relevant experience in safety/healthcare projects.
- Integrate a team developers in .NET or Java/Web/mobile and IoT technologies
- Cooperate with solution and technical architects to produce component designs
- Implement business & technical components
- Testing (unit tests, integration tests)
- Ability to communicate with medical staff for understanding the requirements that form the basis for analysis & design.
- Ability to produce UML analysis (use-cases) and design artifacts that form the basis for implementation.
- Ability to communicate with solution and technical architect to understand the constraints of the architecture that must be respected.
- Ability to communicate with the project manager for the planning and people aspects
- Ability to communicate in Dutch (at least read & spoken) or French (at least read & spoken) and English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work independently following the priorities and timing of the release and iterative planning
- Ability to work structured following the defined procedures (project governance, time reporting, punctuality, respect of the milestones)
- Ability to work according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Ability to communicate realistic predictions about the development works
- Ability to learn a complex business model and process
- Ability to do bottom-up research for problem diagnostics
- Ability to document code in a clear and concise manner
- Team Player, results oriented
- A bachelor or master degree in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- Academic, professional or personal experience in .NET technologies (C#, Entity Framework, WCF, ASP.NET MVC …) or in Java technologies (EJBs, Spring, Hibernate, …), experience with mobile frameworks (XCode, Android, Xamarin, …) is a plus.
- Academic, professional or personal experience with HTML 5, CSS3 and responsive web design (RWD)
- Academic, professional or personal experience with RDBMs (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PortgreSQL, MySQL, …), experience with NoSQL technologies iOS a plus.
- Modeling and design with Sparx Enterprise Architect or equivalent tools is an asset
- If you want to build the architecture of the strategic projects for our customers;
- If you have strong experience in .NET, Java EE, mobile developments, and a strong background in IT;
- If you are project manager, technology expert or architect;
- If you are a good communicator and a team-player;
- If technology motivates you;
- If you are looking for challenges that can further develop your talents.