- The junior researcher will be involved in research on performance modeling and analysis of distributed storage systems.
- These systems store billions of objects of millions of users and performance modeling, analysis and optimization is of the utmost importance.
- Depending on the specific candidate, the research will either be fundamental or of a more applied nature (in cooperation with a company specialized in software for storage solutions).
- The research has the potential to lead to a PhD.
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate is expected to perform high-quality scientific research.
- The research is to be conducted in an open intellectual environment with priority to creative thinking and room for discussion.
- The candidate must hold a Master degree (or equivalent) at the time of hire, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- The candidate must have a strong mathematical background.
- Good communication skills in English are required.
- Knowledge of queuing theory and/or simulation techniques would be a plus.